Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Valentine's Day!




Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

Paul & I don't do a lot of present swapping...but today we did!

I tutor at an elementary school near the drug store that Paul used to work at when he was young. He was a stock boy who distinctly remembers spending hours stocking sticks of deodorant...so fun!

I stopped by this week to check out the place my future hubby used to work...just because I'm a dork like that. The store was cute and had quite the selection of gifts and knick-knacks. First I stopped by the deodorant aisle just to see how the "new" stock boys were doing (the shelves looked pretty good!) and decided to pick up a stick of deodorant as part of Paul's Valentine's Day gift (I know, romantic, right?) I thought it was funny!

I really wanted to find something that actually had the name of the drug store on it so Paul could take a little walk down Memory Lane when he opened his gift. All I was able to find was a $8 bag of chocolates....so of course, for the sake of the gift, I bought them! Last, I grabbed a box of sweethearts candies (which I do not like) since they are one of Paul's favorites!

I, on the other hand, spent the week dropping hints to Paul that a new calculator would really help me in my classes this semester. (Any calculator would likely be an improvement on the old micro-sized calculator I had been using!)

This morning, when we swapped gifts I was thrilled to discover that Paul is a good listener (not that I doubted you, Paul) as I received a brand new Texas Instrument calculator! How exciting?!?!

Later that day, I asked Paul if we could open his chocolates that I had given him and he immediately replied that those were "HIS" gift. Hmmmph. Fine. Mark my word, Paul will not be allowed to do any calculations on my new calculator...

Somehow this doesn't seem quite fair.

This Valentine's Day, remember to "count" your blessings...and buy 2 bags of chocolates!

P&K

No comments:

Post a Comment