Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Hola! I'm here...just a little tardy. I'm ok with that. I'm in my last 2 weeks of my summer grad class and we have a BIG summit in town for work this week, so things will be busy! I think I should have called these posts "30 Post Challenge: Day 2" as I plan to contribute 30 posts in the next 30 days BUT I'm not quite sure if they'll arrive daily. I'll do my best!


How do you answer the question - "What do you do?"


I've been in my current role for about 8 months now and I usually answer this question like this: "I work in Marketing for a Danish-based hearing instruments manufacturer." I used to say "I work in Marketing for a hearing aid company." BUT I'd usually receive this reply, "WHAT?" (with hand cupped around ear) I cannot tell you how many times I've heard THAT joke. (I still laugh though!)

In more detail, I help Audiologists market their small businesses to consumers through events, practice branding materials, in-office signage, newsletters, and most currently through online platforms. More and more, I'm being allowed the opportunity to dig deeper on the areas that really interest me...online marketing & practice branding, which is fun for me. I really like my job! I work with great people, my bosses encourage me to voice my opinion and I'm allowed the freedom to figure things out on my own in most cases.

As many of you know, I've been with quite a few companies ever since graduating with my undergrad in 2006. I have a small case of undiagnosed "Ants in the Pants" where things just do not seem to most fast enough for me. If I grow tired of my position and/or don't see opportunity for growth, I get the "itch" to start looking for something new. I'm happy to report that this isn't the case in my current position. My bosses have expressed that they want to help me develop and grow as much as I want...so I definitely like that!


Well, it's 4:30am and I should have started working out at least 30 minutes ago...so I'll jump (literally) on that right now!


Have a great day,

just K


No comments:

Post a Comment