Sunday, July 31, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 3

Annnnnddd....we're back! Well, I'm happy to report that our summit for work went off without a hitch and my final summer class paper is complete! So, let's carry on with the Blogging Challenge.

I'm not sure if I can technically say I'm a part of the challenge, since I'm making up my own rules. (Bri?)



What part of your life is moving too fast? Too slow?

Hmmm...good question. Looking back, a lot is moving too fast. I'm now considered in my "late 20's". Paul and I are in year 2 of marriage. We've lived in our house for 3 years. I'm starting my last year of Grad School. What the heck? I'm a full-blown adult now. Sneaks up on ya.

Of course, I also have a pretty big list of things that are moving too slow. I CANNOT wait for the time we're ready to have kids. I think I've been waiting for that time since I was 4. Don't get creeped out. I've just loved babies for as long as I remember. With work, nothing moves fast enough for me. Which explains why I've moved myself around as much as I have. I can say that I've finally found a company that makes me feel like I'm growing and developing. I love it!

As a standard, I'm always in a hurry. Sometimes I find myself wishing away the present for the future. Shame on me, I know. I have to remind myself that Paul & I are pretty darn fortunate for what we have. We should be savoring these days...sleeping in, 2 pots of coffee in our pj's on the recliners watching cooking shows, traveling like its nobody's business, testing out new restaurants. Life is good, but I'm the optimist. I know it's only going to get better from here on out. This thought reminds me of a song we love.

"Something good this way comes" by Jakob Dylan.

This phrase just sticks me with. No matter your situation, something good is on its way. Even if its not...it's nice to be looking for it, right!

"The trouble, doll, is not moving moutains but digging the ground that you're on."

Diggin' it,

K+P

No comments:

Post a Comment