Friday, September 4, 2009

The Weducation

So, here it goes....we've decided to create this blog to keep family, friends and the wedding party in the loop on our wedding plans!

Tomorrow marks 1 month since Paul & I got engaged! So far, we've reserved the church, the reception site and the hotel...only about one million remaining items to plan!

The wedding will take place at St. Patrick's church of Cedar Lake in New Prague. My family has made up approximately 99% of the church's membership for as long as I can remember and just like my sisters did, I've always imagined I'd get married there. Paul & I feel especially lucky as my former priest, Father George, has agreed to come back and perform our wedding ceremony! The church is small, but adorable, and although it will be tight quarters during the ceremony, we're hoping you'll still join us for the ceremony.

St. Patrick's Church of Cedar Lake
24425 Old Highway 13
Jordan, MN 55352
www.stpandc.mn.org

The wedding reception will be held at the Park Ballroom in New Prague, which has a HUGE dance floor - so start brushing up on your dance moves, folks!

Park Ballroom
300 Lexington Avenue South
P.O. BOX 113
New Prague, MN 56071

www.theparkballroom.com

If you're a "plan-ahead-er", feel free to book your hotel room at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites in New Prague. We've asked the hotel to set aside 20 rooms, which they'll hold up until one month prior to the wedding - so, act now!

AmericInn Lodge & Suites
1200 1st Street North East
New Prague, MN 56071
http://www.americinn.com/hotels/MN/NewPrague


We've been researching photographers, bakeries, videographers, and acrobats (ok, kidding about that one!) for our big day and are hoping to have those items checked off the "to-do" list soon.

Aside from the wedding planning, we've been keeping quite busy! Paul & I will be standing up in my oldest brother and his fiance's wedding at the end of this month. The wedding will be held in Loyal, WI (where my future sister-in-law grew up) and we're very excited! Paul's parents, Florence & Dennis, will be joining our family for the festivities and will get a first hand glimpse at how the Stichas celebrate weddings! Let's hope this doesn't scare them off! ha!

Paul has been very busy with work...which is both a stress and a blessing, but overall his hard work is not going unnoticed! We've recently joined a couple's fantasy football league, which I feel was mostly a scheme to get the women more interested so the guys could then consider fantasy football a "date-night" discussion item....men! Either way, its been pretty fun....I pretend to know what I'm doing and Paul pretends that it doesn't bother him!

I, too, have kept busy with work and will be heading back to school part-time 2 nights a week this Fall. I'll be working toward my Masters of Business Communications degree which makes me both excited and nervous!

We'll try our hardest to keep this site up to date so we can share some fun details with you. We hope you're able to "Join us in June!", so please save the date: June 5, 2010.

Take care,
Kendra & Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment