Thursday, July 29, 2010

What the deck!?!




So, we're building a deck. And when I say "we", I don't mean just "us". I mean we have a lot of really great family and friends. AND they just happen to be really good at things...double bonus.

Anyway...it's really exciting! We now have the footings poured and the first inspection approved - hooray. Next step is framing the deck. We'll need to have another inspection approved at that point. Then, we can finish it up, get the final inspection taken care of and voila! - instant deck party!

Paul said he'd like to break a bottle of champagne over the edge of it, as he would if it were his ship. I said no. (You know who will be cleaning up the glass shards AND seriously, who wastes good champagne?)

I included some pics of me enjoying a glass of wine on our new "deck" tonight. It's not much to look at right now...but you just wait.
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment