Sunday, May 8, 2011

1st Run of the Year!

Yesterday, my sister and I ran the New Prague 5K!

We've been running this race together for quite a few years and it continues to be a really fun day. It definitely helped that yesterday was GORGEOUS and we also got to play at the park and enjoy a petting zoo with some of our nieces & nephews afterward!



Paul & Dad, cheering on the runners!


Nana & Claire!


Claire-Bear, enjoying the swings!
I SWEAR she said "Auntie" several times yesterday! Yeah!
Cowboy Brady- giddy up!



Claire & Ben ridin' ponies!





Here is Ben, ready to run!


Ben, Brady & Madison (and Joleen, Lynn & Chris) also ran a race yesterday - The Kids' Fun Run (1/2 mile)! Many of their classmates ran the race too - so the kids had so much fun running and then signing their classmates t-shirts afterward! (I wish I could have gotten more pictures of Madison & Brady...but frankly posing for Auntie's pictures just doesn't rank high on the to-do list when your classmates are around and ready to play! (I completely understand!)



I also wish I would have gotten a photo of Brady sprinting toward the finish line...he was chomping his gum, glaring at his competition and determined to win! So competitive...I wonder where he gets that?!?!



Here's the Meyer Family finishing their 1/2 mile race.
I assume Claire will be joining next year too!


Lynn & I, post-race!

After the race, we were able to enjoy brunch with my Mom, Dad, Joleen, Madison, Brady and Uncle Jeffrey. It was such a fun day!



Today, we'll be hosting Mother's Day on the Rasmusson side. Let's hope the weather is just as gorgeous so we can enjoy another great day! More pics to come after today.



Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!



K+P

No comments:

Post a Comment