Tuesday, August 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 9

Which lesson did you learn the hard way?


Call me a copycat, but this post is also about my Mom. Bri, we'll say your cute post on your mom was inspiration!


My mom and I don't talk everyday. In fact, she hardly ever calls me. She says "You're an adult. You have your own life. I don't need to bother you. You'll call me when you want to."

THE NERVE.


But, she's right. I do call her when I need her or just plain want to talk to her. There was a time when I thought that my mom held the reigns a bit too tight. She'd call or text (in my opinion) just a tinge too often. Mothers...


I'm not sure who changed, me or her, but the day she decided to loosen the reigns was the day I wanted her to tighten them up again.

If she was trying to prove a point, she did.


Because we don't talk everyday, I SO look forward to chatting with her and telling her about my latest shenanigans. I've also found that talking to her less makes me love our family get togethers even more. We simply don't shut up when we're together. This reminds me of why my dad says he's a quiet man..."Well, someone has to listen." ha!


To sum this up: My late-learned-lesson is that at 27 1/2 years old (am I still young enough to use half years?) I now know that my mom simply gets better as I get older.


Overall, Paul & I are lucky folks with great parents! We're thankful they've allowed us the freedom to establish our own little family but happy they still want to be a part of it!


Thanks 'rents!

K+P

1 comment: